Slovak Team Coordinator
Mgr. PAVOL BARGÁR, M.St., Th.D.
is currently a post-doctoral researcher at the Protestant Theological Faculty where he is working on a GAČR supported project. He studied Protestant theology at Comenius University in Bratislava and Jewish-Christian relations at the University of Cambridge. His Th.D. thesis, defended at Charles University, was on theological interpretation of symbols in some recent novels. His research interests include missiology, theological interpretation of culture, particularly film, and interfaith relations. In the field of missiology and contextual theology Pavol has done research, lectured and published on, among other topics, Nigerian Pentecostal/charismatic churches in Prague, the phenomenon of emerging churches, or mission in the context of post-communist Europe.
For several years he worked for the Central European Centre for Mission Studies in Prague, where he was a researcher and editor of a journal, Misiologické fórum. He co-edited an interdisciplinary volume on Crisis Situations in the Czecho-Slovak Context after 1989 (Prague, 2011). Pavol was a tutor for a M.Th. program in missiology, organized in cooperation of the University of South Africa in Pretoria and Karol Gaspar University in Budapest. He is presently a member of the steering committee as well as the academic committee for the Global Ecumenical Theological Institute (GETI), to be held in Berlin in 2017.
He serves on the executive committee of the International Council of Christians and Jews (ICCJ). He is a member of the International Association for Mission Studies (IAMS) and the Central and Eastern European Association for Mission Studies (CEEAMS), for which he is secretary. In addition, Pavol is on editorial boards of various journals.
- Dr. Lukáš Bomba, sociologist; freelance (https://dennikn.sk/autor/lukas-bomba/)
- Doc. Juraj Buzalka, social anthropologist; Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Comenius University in Bratislava (https://fses.uniba.sk/pracoviska/ustavy/ustav-socialnej-antropologie/pracovnici/juraj-buzalka/)
- Doc. Martin Dojčár, scholar of religion; Faculty of Education, Trnava University (http://pdf.truni.sk/katedry/kps/pracovnici?dojcar)
- Dr. Imrich Gazda, journalism and media scholar; Department of Journalism, Catholic University in Ružomberok (http://email@example.com)
- Doc. Ivan Chorvát, sociologist; Faculty of Arts, Matej Bel University, Banská Bystrica (https://www.ff.umb.sk/ichorvat/)
- Doc. Kamil Kardis, sociologist; Greek Catholic Faculty, University of Prešov (http://www.unipo.sk/greckokatolicka-teologicka-fakulta/katedry/kfr/7/kkardis/)
- Dr. Roman Kečka, scholar of religion; Faculty of Arts, Comenius University in Bratislava (https://fphil.uniba.sk/katedry-a-odborne-pracoviska/kpr/clenovia-katedry/romankecka/)
- Dr. Juraj Majo, human geographist; Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University in Bratislava (http://www.humannageografia.sk/zam_detail_osobne.php?id=26)
- Rev. Daniel Pastirčák, pastor, author (https://sk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Pastir%C4%8D%C3%A1k)
- Dr. Tatiana Podolinská, social anthropologist, ethnologist; Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava (http://www.uet.sav.sk/?q=sk/tatiana-podolinska-mgr-phd)
- Dr. Mária Suríková, free-lance sociologist
- Dr. Miroslav Tížik, sociologist; Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava (https://www.sav.sk/?lang=sk&doc=user-org-user&user_no=6121)
- Dr. Hedwiga Tkáčová, theologian, media scholar; Faculty of Humanities, University of Žilina (http://www.cce.sk/kns/kns/SK-tkacova.html)
- Doc. Michal Valčo, theologian; Faculty of Humanities, University of Žilina (http://www.cce.sk/kns/kns/SK-valco.html)
- Doc. Katarína Valčová, theologian; Faculty of Humanities, University of Žilina (http://www.cce.sk/kns/kns/SK-valcova.html)
- Doc. Monika Zaviš, theologian, scholar of religion; Faculty of Humanities, University of Žilina (http://www.cce.sk/kns/kns/SK-vitajte.html)